|View printer-friendly version << Back|
Important resolution of 2011 Annual General Shareholders' Meeting
1.Date of the shareholders' meeting:2011/06/15
(1) Adoption of the Fiscal 2010 Business Report and Financial Statements
(2) Adoption of the Fiscal 2010 Earnings Distribution Proposal.
(A) Stock dividend for common share:NT$403,933,650 (approximately NT$0.5/per share)
Cash dividend for common share:NT$29,891,089,545 (NT$37/per share)
The Board of Directors may make required adjustments to the actual earnings distribution on the basis of the number of issued and outstanding shares registered in the Common Stockholders' Roster as at record date.
(B) Company's 2010 employee bonuses payable amounted to NT$8,491,704,130, 50% of which, or NT$4,245,852,065, shall be distributed in cash, and the remaining 50%, or NT$4,245,852,065, shall be distributed as stock dividends.
(3) Approved the proposal to allocate earnings and employee bonuses to an increase in capital and issuance of new shares. It is resolved to allocate NT$403,933,650 from the 2010 distributable retained earnings for shareholders bonuses to fund a capital increase and issuance of 40,393,365 new shares; for employee stock bonuses (NT$4,245,852,065), the number of new shares issued (4,005,520) is calculated based on the closing price (NT$1,150) one day prior to the 2011 Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting on an ex-dividend basis (NT$1,060). The amount less than one share (NT$ 865) will be distributed in the form of cash.
(4) Approved the proposal to amend the Articles of Incorporation.
(5) Approved the proposal to amend the Company's Procedures for the Acquisition or Disposal of Assets.
(6) Election of one additional member to the Board of Directors and by-election of one supervisor.
Directors:David Bruce Yoffie
Supervisors:Jerry H.C. Chu
(7) Approved of the proposal to release a Director from non-competition restrictions.
3.Endorsement of the annual financial statements (indicate “yes” or “no”):Yes
4.Any other matters that need to be specified:None